Tuesday, January 25, 2005


She loved me for the dangers I had passed,
And I loved her that she did pitty them.
-Othello-

Last night I was, on the verge of tears, and Jack's utter appreciation of Othello. Right now, Post-Jacobean Shakespeare seminar, I can earnestly say I am Jack's further utter appreciation of Othello. Here, 3rd and final year, 2nd and final term, is where I pause to remind myself that I am actually enjoying my degree, and that I will be at a great loss when it all ends. Yet before I start moaning about not knowing what to do with my life again, in fear of this blog being yet another bout of Elestian misery, I will change the subject: and tell you about the presentation I had to do on Othello in todays seminar; it went thus...

Gordon: Elest, were you going to say something?
Elest: Uh uh
Gordon: You sure? I thought I heard what sounded like the beginning of a word there?
Elest: (shakes her head)
Gordon: Oh, alright then.

Me thinks I will miss Gordon.
...yawn..its 8:38. Elest finished at 3:00 today, but she doesn't wants to go home to cold, empty flat; yesterday's food; the silence that mocks at the sounds coming out of her lap-top speakers, of an ignored film playing in a futile attempt to make noise; and the loneliness of Japanese homewrok. So instead Elest sits in front of a PC at uni and seeks solace in a bar of dairy milk chocolate, reminding herself all the time, that she must cut back on the junk food.
I am Jack's wasted life and wasted dreams.

-Meanwhile I am also: skint; hating men, including my father; seriously challenged in the articulation department; not getting any work/reading done out of sheer lack of a motivation to live; looking for distractons and fixes of temporary happiness; and generally rather pissed off at myself. Thank you.
Now isn't there any new Manga coming out this month? hmmm, must check and compile the poor and obsessive manga/anime fan's wish list, of 'things-I-will-buy-with-money-that-does-not-belong-to-me'.

Huden abla, is you gonna come back for you Phd? I'm so alone :(

Ps. In today's soliloquy, Sarah said answer me this: Are we the things that go bump in the night? (or do we just bump back?)
And Elest answered: I'm just bumping back at the racket life won't stop making at me, so sucks to old, and easily irritable neighbours.

No comments: