Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"...It's like raising the Dead"

Without proof, you said, you could not believe.
Without faith, you tucked tail and fled from the man who'd convinced me to leap.
This is madness without glamour.
A silent obliteration without the drama.
This is abandonment, leaving no pride nor dignity in it's wake.
I stand before you, a 12 year-old again.
I stand before you, who could very well be my father -call the perpetrator by any other name.
I stand though I've lost:
Me;
You;
Any hope of an alternative universe.
And yet, I've come to this final meeting with a hapless naivety. Perhaps just to show you how still your fingers can tame my tempests to a hush.
How a broken heart can beat steady though clumsily, like the pathetic hobble of a lame man.
How the colourblind is dazzled by a brief instance of dreamy haze.
How the dead-inside raises her head to accept again, and so willingly, one more killer-blow.
From you I part with a farewell gift: here is your proof that miracles can happen, and oh with what profound cruelty.
Goodnight, Anata.

Good morning, and rise Lazarus.
Rise and speak, but not of love or courage.
I've been promised the end of the world. Speak. Let it be (,) what we live for now.

1 comment:

Bahareh Amidi spiritual Poet said...

This piece speaks so LOUD to me.
It speaks on many levels and many languages.
It dares to FREE and liberate.
It is time to stop sacrificing lives so that all the lies can live.
Thank you for this message. And like you said it is almost like raising the Dead.