Sunday, July 03, 2005

Hello. Been away from home for the past few days and hence no net. The latest news from this part of the middle east (CNN tells me Turkey is located in the Middle East apparently, inspite of the fact that Turks will swear on their old mother's lives we are European, and Asians will say we are in Asia coz someone loves us thank God...but then the Yanks think the entire world is divided into the U.S and the Middle East, right? so sod them.) where was I? woe to me, such is the curse of the Literature student (and I still havent gotten my results yet)- ah yes, latest news from this side of the Middle East is that Huden (with lovely tan and red Samsonite suitcase (damn, I have to get me a suitcase still (damn, I also have to get Ryo his Darbuka still)) has gone off to visit beloved Hubby Daoud in Yank Land. havent heard from her yet, so dont know if she got there safely. (Hint, hint, if you are reading this call, onegaishimasu!)

And also, I seem to be rather ill apparently. Now usually I just ignore my illnesses until they feel neglected and get bored and go away, but this time my mom's convinced I need to see a doctor coz who would be coughing and feeling feeverish and tired and head-ache-ified and yellow in the face in the middle of summer? (oops, sorry I'm always yellow innit? make that green then) any way, I'm determined to spend tonight making my mystery illness feel so unwanted, it pisses off before tomorrow morning, coz honestly, I don't feel like going to a doctor.

Speaking of illnesses though, here's an observation I made recently:
The greatest fear of the Barbarian Turk, is a draft. they would rather suffocate to death in the swealterring heat of a stuffy bus, than open the windows and get a draft. why? -'oh coz we'll catch a cold!' ....IN THIS DAMN WEATHER, BLOODY PANSYS!?

...ponderring over this, I also realised Cyrpriots, who like walking around naked in their houses, and going to bed in the nude, are the complete oposites of Turks who are so terrified of colds, they stuff towels down the backs of their kids/ husbands shirts. why? -'oh coz he's sweated so much, he's all soaked, he'll catch pnemonia and drop dead this instant!'

so what has being a mix of nude-walking Cypriot and overdressing-Turk made us? I like walking arround in my underwear when no ones at home, Saimecan wears trousers under her skirts even when it's not cold, and Huden is the normallest out of the 3 of us I think.

Thank you.

No comments: