Wednesday, March 01, 2006

10:15 - Think Intern has just come in! HA HA!
The Lord of the Rings figures on the shelf beind me aren't Matt's. They're Malcolm's. Malcom being one of those old fantasy-nerd men, hence, best suited for the job of talking to ilustrators about dragons, griffins and Rabbits with twitching eyes. I should have known. (of course, this doesn't make Matt any less of a comic book nerd, becaus Matt has a Tigger mug.)
Unfortunately for me though, Malcolm, who looks like Tery Pratchett with long hair, isn't here today. If he was I probably wouldn't be sitting here idley as I am now, coz he was the oly one who had something for me yesterday: 'Elest, how would you like to write a review for a book that hasn't been published yet?!' (Elest: 'ha? You daft?' -I didn't really say this.) Elest: 'I'd love to! I'm used to bull ***ing.'

10:58 - Think Intern has just been given the mind-numbingly dry task of writing a review for IP Review magazine, about a book on Software Patents. That'll teach you not to ask Matt for spare work next time. Matt: 'I'm warning you, you're going to be fast asleep by 11:30. It's certaily not written in lay-man's language.' -oh, thanks!

11:07 - FARHANA'S HAD A BABY BOY! AAAAAAAARGH! -Jeeeezus, this is freaky. It's gonna take a while for me to digest this.

13:23 - Screw this, I'm going on Amazon where someone might be able to explain what this stupid book is about, in English.

14:40 - Lunch break over, and half of Think Intern is back to work, while other half is looking for frequent distractions to keep awake with. Shakila's fallen in love with Wenworth. I aint feeling him...oh I know! I'll google Haido and re-fall in love with him!

...You know, the reason why the amazing ones (guys) are the ones too far to get with, is BECAUSE they're too far to get with. Yes, I'm stating the obvious borderring on a cliche here, but bear with me. With the ones that are close enough to get with, u discover your very-rewarding capacity for overlooking flaws as you discover just how human they are. This, I think, must be a beautiful thing: loving in spite of our humanity, while our natures are actually pre-conditioned to seek perfection on a higher plain. You can call it compromising. I think I'd like to call it the toppling of idols...which are really just as flawed and inadequate as us. And when I can love this inadequecey for all that it is, because it is me, as I am it...then maybe I can worship the perfect hand that fashioned us thus.

No comments: