Wednesday, March 01, 2006

SPECIAL FEBRUARY ISSUE OF CEN, AND A TRIBUTE TO WHAT IS LEFT OF THIS SENTIMENT.


...a dream of perfection, an illicit truth of something whole. Something which breathes between the black and white, which fills in gaps and wishes away silence. Something Music tries to, but cannot define and Art clambers to capture but holds in itself. Something you find in sad eyes and crooked mouths, in voices that make you feel safe and hands that hold your secrets. It is the contradiction of violence and despair, the detractor of flaws. I love all that paints the confines of the word Beauty.
Alternatively, I love Seth Cohen from The O.C. and Krispy Kremes.

-Shakila Rajendra, Sub Editor-


...everything that's wrong with everything that's wrong. Because wrongness is in the eye of the beholder, lingering only momentarily, in search of what's lacking, fuelled by the lack's promise of it. You are, because I am not. Because perfection and symmetry is only reserved for the divine, and I can sing my praise to it with the ugliness of my flaws. Because even Sisyphus made meaning out of supreme meaninglessness.
I love me, because I am Your promise.

-Elest Ali, Contributor-

No comments: